There are five main tropical islands that make up the Florida Keys (Key Largo, Islamorada, Marathon, Big Pine Key, and Key West), and each one is more beautiful than the next. Because they’re the southernmost cities in Florida, you’ll find many activities revolving around open adventures and gorgeous beaches. From snorkeling to visiting art galleries and famous people’s houses, you’ll fall in love with the Keys and want to come back time and time again. Plus, due to the many wonderful attractions that are all over the islands, Florida Keys timeshares are a hit. No matter what timeshare resort you choose, you’ll always be right next to all the lovely things that make the Florida Keys so heavenly.
Attractions by Island
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park– This is the very first undersea park in America where you’ll find Christ of the Abyss, a statue of Christ looking upward with arms wide open 25 feet under the sea. While you’re here, you can enjoy the view of the reef either from a glass-bottom boat tour or scuba diving or snorkeling. You can also picnic, fish, and go kayaking and canoeing.
- Dagny Johnson Key Largo Hammock Botanical State Park– This park has the largest amount of West Indian tropical hardwood hammocks in America. At the same time, there are 84 species of plants and animals here that the park looks after. When you come here, you can go bicycling, picnicking, and bird and wildlife watching.
- Theater of the Sea– At this great park, you can swim with dolphins, sea lions, and sharks and enjoy many shows with the mentioned animals as well as parrots and sea turtles. In addition, you can even go on a snorkeling cruise. Best of all, this park’s mission is to protect animals and the environment, so much so that many of the park’s current animals were once injured in the wild before being rescued and rehabilitated.
- Dolphin Research Center– At this amazing research center, you’ll find that there is so much to do and a lot of cute, intelligent animals to observe and interact with. You can get close and personal to the research center’s family of dolphins by both watching the fun dolphin shows and feeding and playing with the dolphins and even getting a dorsal tow by a dolphin. Furthermore, you can meet the research center’s adorable four California sea lions.
- The Turtle Hospital– This is another brilliant place to be at in Marathon. The turtle hospital constantly educates guests on what goes on behind the scenes in the turtle hospital facilities and rehabilitation areas. Here, injured turtles are brought in, given surgeries and care, rehabilitated, and released back to their habitats. If you’re there on special days, you might even witness the release of a turtle back into the ocean.
Big Pine Key:
- National Key Deer Refuge– This National Wildlife Refuge is exactly what it sounds like. Here, you’ll be greeted by many deer. You’ll also find rabbits and silver rice rats around (fear not, they’re adorable).
- Bahia Honda State Park– This park has an award winning, white sandy beach. The park also gives you the chance of snorkeling and kayaking.
- Mallory Square– At this busy square, you’ll find many interesting places to visit, such as the house of Harry S. Truman, America’s 33rd You can also go to Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum, indulge in the sunset celebration, and delight in the many sunset celebration performers, like Will Soto’s juggling and high wire acts, Dale’s sword swallowing act, live music, and so much more.
- Ernest Hemingway House– Just imagine having a vacation home in one of the Florida Keys timeshares right next to Hemingway’s famous house. While you’re here, you can take a tour of the house, the garden, and also meet some of the descendants of Hemingway’s cat Snow White.
Timeshare Resorts in the Area
There are many Florida Keys Timeshares that you can choose from. There’s Hyatt Windward Pointe in Key West, the Banyan Resort in Key West, Coconut Beach Resort in Key West, Florida Bay Club in Key Largo, Hawks Nest in Marathon, and more.
There is nothing better than spending your vacation in one of the many stunning Florida Keys timeshares and exploring the gorgeous, exciting attractions all around. So what are you waiting for? Plan your trip to the amazing Florida Keys!